Course credits: 3 Credit Hours
- Sources of bad breath
- Evaluation of patients complaining of bad breath:
- Taking a medical-dental history with specific questions focused on halitosis
- Performing clinical dental examination
- Ordering diagnostic aids.
- Self-identifying halitosis
- Professional dental examination
- Professional medical examination
- Management of Patients with bad breath:
- Self- care
- Professional care
Course Objectives; this course is designed to provide the proper definition of halitosis (bad breath), a common problem that prompts patient to seek dental management. An overview as well as symptomatology was presented. Pathophysiological and bacteriological explanation of the condition was discussed to understand the various sources and causative factors of halitosis. Methods of evaluation and diagnosis such as self- identification, professional examination were detailed. The course provides various ways of self-treatment and professional dental and medical management for this common problem.
Copyright © 2009 South Florida Institute for Post-Graduate Health Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this workbook may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission. Course developed by: Reda A. Abdel-Fattah, BDS, MS, MPS